Translate

Saturday, August 03, 2013

What happens if the tax payers quit paying?


What happens if the tax payers quit paying?

       The corollary is that they can't even pay enough federal taxes.

            My guess is that the whole system will collapse. Then we are on our own.

            And remember, the federal income tax was created about a century ago by the 16th Amendment, and the rate was around 2%. Before that there were other means to generate federal income, like levies on imports.

            After all, people with jobs that also pay federal taxes today generally have their own problems, too. Like supporting their Family, for example. Or they even have to provide health care for their loved ones.

            So wish us luck as we go forward in the new world USA.

            As for me where I live, my priorities include growing my own food. What a shame I can even think this way in 2013, but in theory I and my Family and friends won't be "too" hungry. Never-the-less, it will be an ugly dark period. Most of the skills to even live this way, like canning foods, are long lost, though I suspect these skills will "reappear". Some people have already learned this, again.

            Now there are alternatives to helping our own poor and less well off than some government trying to be a charity or some kind of commune during hard times, even at the local level. That's what I think will sort out, vice paying even more federal taxes, and tax payers at all levels often not even understanding all the edicts from our various lawmakers and their hired minions. Some of us even call one alternative noblesse oblige. The assumption is we will muddle through, somehow.  

            After all, anyone where I live who doesn't want to work for their and their Family's  behalf probably ought to go away (like die off), vice be supported. What a sad statement, though probably reality these days. Said even another way, many of these type people who are used to the present status quo, which includes the working people paying taxes to support their way of life, are many. Heck, even I would love to get laid for nothing, like somebody else pays for my lust.

            In the meantime, I too also have to plan for their not wanting to die. Heck, I don't want to voluntarily die, either. In other words, I have security things to fear, but that is another subject for another time. Said even another way, if one thinks crime is bad now, just wait for worse situations. And the threats to my food sources are both human and wildlife.

            And all this from  questioning "if the tax payers quit paying their federal taxes, or even can't pay?".

No comments: