Translate

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The many uses of white distilled vinegar


The many uses of white distilled vinegar

       http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7

 

Poster's comments:

Instead of swabbing my wood floors with vinegar and water and an old fashioned swab, I'll refill my Swifter Wet Jet "mop" with vinegar and water (using a pair of pliers to get the top off the refill bottle), and try it, too. It is supposed to work quite well. Though a regular swabbing should work just as well, too.

I'll sweep the floor with a broom and dust pan, first. I have a Golden Retriever that sheds a lot of dog hair during the warm season, so there is always plenty to sweep, besides the usual dirt in this country cottage.

I will put some of the water and vinegar mix into a sprayer, and try it on my leather furniture as I hear it will help kill the mold and mildew that grows up on it periodically, too.

Now I could get into the medicinal and food uses, too, but that is another subject.

And you can make your own vinegar, too, but that is also another subject . I figure right now as long as the grocery store is open, it is thriftier for me to buy it there by the gallon than to make my own.

Here's a wiki link (I think I published one earlier) on the subject of vinegar in general:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar

No comments: