Translate

Thursday, January 03, 2013


Well we all have a cause
       In my case it is how we treat and care for our mentally ill.
            Let's face it, some of us humans are mentally ill.  Now whether it is because of any reason, like genetics, or upbringing, or age, to me it is just something that happens, and we have to deal with it. Life is not fair, one can say when it comes to breeding mentally ill children or having seniors going through dementia. But it does happen.
            And over the last half-century we new world USA people have done a poor job with dealing with this issue. Heck, I have treated my dogs in kennels better than we have treated our mentally ill people. What most appalls me is the sad state of those humans living under overpasses, or even sandstone overhangs. And we did it on purpose, like it did not happen by itself.
            Now there is a solution even our ancestors used.  It is called orphanages and insane asylums.
            Hopefully we can do a better job than they did. I think so.

No comments: