Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2013


A Cumberland Plateau redoubt
       What follows are ideas that may help you where you live.
            First the assumptions. Like the present way of life in America comes to an end, and I have to survive as best I can until some smart adjustment happens. Second is that I already have  working a spring fed gravity powered clean water and waste water system already running, and that should suffice for whatever comes. Third is that I have enough food to survive until the food I can grow kicks in. Fourth, and last, I think I have enough security to survive, to include any normal medical type emergencies, like a pandemic, or even just a routine boo boo.
            In the end, who really knows for sure. I sure don't.
            And I have lots of bells and whistles to help me along. Like I know how to preserve the food that I grow.  Maybe some of it will help in the barter idea. And most things are dual use, so like if my worse case is wrong, then I can use it otherwise. So I don't think I am wasting my money, mostly.
            I sure hope I am wrong, and like my Mexican cooking stove that does take more often refilling than a traditional wood heating stove. I guess I will have to adjust, and live with what I have. In the meantime, I also guess I will have to wear long johns routinely, and pay the electric bill; kinda like many normal people already do. After all, even as a Marine, I used to wear long johns routinely during my time in Korea. The locals did, too, including the girls.
            And even the way I am setup I don't think my pipes under the house will freeze, which is another problem to anticipate. After all, the Cumberland Plateau is at a lower latitude than the promoted NW USA redoubt areas these days, which I am confident are fine in their own ways, too.
            So my bottom line, we humans are ingenious, willing to suffer, and willing to change, if we have to.
            Hope does spring eternal, and on this idea is faith in our future.

No comments: