Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Utopia is not free

So far throughout thousands of years of history all utopian ideas have failed. Now why we can argue all we want, but alas, these ideas have all failed in the end. And by utopian ideas, I mean those imposed on others.

My guess about failure is the simple humanity of it all. The workers (and providers) eventually get fed up with the freeloaders, and move on to other alternatives, like the Family unit, and the bigger human world.

All this is just theory, spiced up with some experience throughout the world. In general all we humans are pretty much the same when it comes to hopes, aspirations, standards, and raising a Family. After all we are humans, one and all.

And continuing to generalize, we humans do have freeloaders, that is fellow humans who want to get something for nothing. One might say they are lazy or have a drug habit, and are willing to lower their standards as long as they get sex, and can eat and be warm. Some even become criminals and thugs. Now that is just an observation, not just where I live in the USA, but in other places throughout the world where I have been, too. It is a sad state of affairs, but that is just how we humans are, I believe.

Now it is upsetting seeing youngsters getting screwed over by the sins of their parents just where I live in the USA today. It is also upsetting seeing hard working people get frustrated, and even hacked off, and believing the freeloaders are getting by where I live. Said another way, why should I be cold and hungry so that they freeloaders can be even better off.

Now if I believed all this utopia stuff, then I would go and join one, and go from there. But alas, there are not many around. Perhaps others have arrived at this conclusion in their own way.

And in that vein, sometimes communal living makes sense to me, though at the small clan level, like in some remote region of the world where being warm and fed is hard. But communal living is not utopia, to me.

And I live in a bigger world than a small clan, like 20 to maybe 200. Along the way we humans have come up with towns and cities for some reason above the clan level.

So why do I object to those fellow humans who want to impose their utopian ideas on me. Mostly it is because it will make me cold and hungry, and when my assets and others like me with assets are run out, then all humans will be cold and hungry, and that is simply not a reasonable goal. What really bothers me is the impact on my Family.

We really don't have to do this utopian idea to ourselves. There are other courses of action that will both promote humanity, and our Families, to boot. The key point to me, is this...all of us are willing to work in our own way to advance our Families and their future Families; but not necessarily those of humanity in general, and freeloaders, specifically.

There is a better way, mostly because we humans are savvy about our future, and the best way to go forward. For example, most will sacrifice and pay to educate their kids in a college environment. And I suspect even our grandchildren will act in their own best interests, too. That includes the earth and where they live, too.

Now one can take this aforementioned example as that any utopia is not free, and if there is not enough money to go around to even help the freeloaders, then most will probably prioritize on their own Family.

Said another way, utopia is not free, and there are other courses of action to enhance our own Families.

Now that idea gets my vote here in the new world USA. It even gets my revolutionary spirit going, too, though I hope to avoid that for my own convenience. I would rather vote.

Dang I guess I am an old guy now. I even used to call my old man cheap, now I call him thrifty. Apply this idea to "utopia is not free", if you will.

No comments: