Translate

Monday, August 29, 2011

Enough is enough...again

Just what do I mean?

Enough lightweights have tried their bit in the USA, and it is now affecting my life. They have simply failed in the effects on my life, though well intentioned I am sure. But there is no sympathy vote from me when they will adversely affect my life, like I will go cold and hungry. After all, I do have other courses of action.

It's time to vote for other people with other options in the USA, or even revolt if that is what it takes. Now I prefer the vote option, but for sure have become intolerant of do gooders who I think will do me in. Like this title suggests, enough is enough.

I still like the Churchhill comment that we Americans will always do the right thing, after we have exhausted all the other possibilities.

Now this post suggests lightweights are in charge. Here's my examples.

We elected some of them, and then they appointed others like them, mostly bureaucrats, to rule us. Many are at the federal level these days, but there are plenty more of these types existing at lower levels, like State, County, City, and even School Boards.

We still are the new world USA, which still advances the best of humanity, while acknowledging the worst of humanity.

To me this idea means having laws, policies, and practices that support the idea of humans doing well. Now this idea is not some construct of some academic idea of a perfect world, but just practical application of what is best for our new world USA humans. For example, why are not our elected politicians who rule us not building more jails and courts to handle our ever increasing population.

Two thoughts flow from this question.
If ones does A, then B will happen, eventually. So for example one reads that the State of California is releasing criminals back on the street for budget reasons. Well use your imagination as to what is going to happen in the next year or two.

I still believe in the idea of public governments at all levels that I still pay for, but dang it, they are supposed to serve our intents, and budget according to priorities that is still their income source.

So I guess we are going to have to change them, one way or the other. And depending on where you live, you may have to reinforce some of them, too.

No comments: