Translate

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Present day thoughts from rural America

I am beginning to think, really realize, a whole lot of Americans are thinking this way. Here's tidbits.

A wife recently approached me, an old male ex-Marine, about what do I think. She expressed concern about our future, and even she and her husband, a doctor, assumed things would get worse, and that they would have to defend themselves from raiding of their place by the riff raff who will come when they run out of their "low hanging fruit".

I am even making my own electricity (using gravity and spring water, which I have) anticipating when public electricity runs out. I won't live high on the hog, but will still be able to power my refrigerator/freezer, a couple of interior lights so I don't have to live like Abraham Lincoln, and one security light so I can take better aim at trespassers. I even have begun to put the word out that I am still a good aim, but sometimes I "can miss" since I don't want to really hurt somebody. You should have seen the eyes of probable riff raff look like saucers when I told this story. I assume they will talk and spread the word.

And last, as I even mentioned to the "wife" mentioned earlier, I assumed that public electricity would come back, but urban areas would get priority, so in the rural area where I live, I expect to go a year or more without public electricity. That's what I would do if I were in charge. After all, one does have to have priorities.

Imagine life without public electricity for an extended period of time. For example, gas stations can't pump gas without electric pumps, or grocery stores will fail for their perishable products. When my gas chain saw runs out, then I will have to cut wood the old fashioned way.

I have already enured myself to having to accept lower standards than I have become accustomed to. For example, I will have to use acorn flour vice grocery store food eventually. But in the same vein, I will still have wood floors and flush toilets, and my own independent water and waste water systems.

And I don't think of myself as a survivalist, either. Rather, I think I am just trying to anticipate, plan ahead if you will, if things turn south.

Let me say it another way. We humans will survive, though our standards will change. And many who cannot or do not want to change, will die early. Said in even another way, if all this dooms day kind of worry comes to pass, the new world USA is not a bad place to be.

In the near term future, like the next two or three years, I worry the most violent change will occur.

For example, I expect a lifetime of work, sacrifice, and savings will go down the tubes. I have even told one of my financial advisors I expect my own wealth to decrease by half. He assured me otherwise, by the way and a while back. He is young enough to have not lived through inflation of our money and expenses, though I am old enough to have lived through this period, which I did not like. Mostly it was the impact on my Family.

Just imagine if it you costs you and your Family more to be warm and fed for the same thing. In the meantime, your pay does not go up. That is one definition of inflation. Like the title says, this is a present day thought from rural America.

So now I wonder, think if you will, just what kind of change is going to happen in my near future. As a start I have government bought food in cans in my barn from my last charity failure, still sitting there and paid for by tax payers. Now I wonder when he, a 40 year old male with good skills who just simply does not want to work (but still got the aforementioned food), and has lived OK in his lifetime, suddenly has to change his style. Well in my mind the similarly low life women who also provide him sex, will be the types of riff raff who I have to defend from.

Last, and against all the animal rights and PETA stuff over the last decades, I still have yard dogs. They provide me and this place better biological alarms than modern day wireless infrared detector stuff which I also use. What really upsets me is what happened to last litter, when all three golden puppies disappeared at the same time. That occurrence gave me a hint that maybe thieving is still going in today's times. Plus the surviving dogs do seem happy, as I imagine dogs might think.

So what is the local rural idea today. Mostly it is just to influence future things in your way and where you live, be it the vote, or Lord helps us, a revolution.


No comments: