Translate

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Order versus chaos

I've been thinking this for decades, and now offer my opinion about our future courses of action. Like many, I have been quiet for a long time.

First it will get worse before it gets better, and then it will get better, like in ten or twenty years. The reason I think it will get better is because we
humans want it to, and will sort it out to our advantage, both foreign and domestic.

Now to put things in perspective, I think of myself as an investor, vice a speculator. Take this idea into your account, too. I also have time in the Marines, so I think I understand why any country has a military, and the underlying human instincts of our political leaders. One old time expression is that war is just politics by another means has some validity, at least to me.

So why do I think it will get worse before it gets better, which it will, I believe.

Others have already predicted this idea, but I expect regional wars to erupt, like Iran nuking Israel. Maybe there will just be other escalations, like the whole region going nuclear. And then there are ideas about civil wars, like in China when the bubble there bursts, and when it goes nuclear and the probable downwind contamination occurs in Japan and even Hawaii, what are we to do? One old time expression bothers me. It goes, for lack of knowing what to do, we do what we know.

Three thoughts.

Hopefully where ever you live in the world, we have future leaders who do the best they can, mostly in policy kind of things that help the situation. Along the way, I sure hope they also help our progeny, like our kids, since they are our future.

My expectation is introducing order, not chaos. After all we humans do have a minority of our population who are criminals, thugs, and just anarchists. And like normal, one cannot tell people what to think, but we can sure dictate behavior. Hence some of these people just need to be shot, like go away. After all, I have a family to protect, too.

Last thought. Where ever you live, the status quo of the past is going to change, mostly because of the past performance of our politicians. If that is the case, then I encourage all, whether they live in Sri Lanka, or Romania, or Nebraska in the USA, to be more like investors than speculators when you do change the status quo in your way.

My encouragement is to go with order versus chaos, as difficult as it might be in promoting your family's future.

And I think it will take years, really decades. But one has to start somewhere and sometime.

No comments: