Translate

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Balancing one person's smarts comes into question

Said another way, one does not have to be smart to be a leader. More likely traits like perseverance and hard work count, too. Even recognizing this is a big deal to me, and I speak of the leaders we either elect or they appoint.

Even back during the Vietnam War, our President appointed a West Point Army General to lead our war effort in Vietnam. Well look what happened, and make up your own mind if you like the results. And he was a sharp good looking and well dressed person, to boot.

Now I wonder just how do American elected officials at all levels (federal, state, county, city, and school board) sort things out, like they have always done in the last decades. Mostly I think in my election decisions do they want to rule the world, or just my little place where I live? And what if a fellow who still gets county money for his food (which I pay for in the end) causes my local firefighters or police to provide me less service that truly does affect my life?

Well this kind of thinking does truly affect how one votes in American these days. Now if we lose our ability to vote, then it is time to revolt, however you choose how to do it where you live.

But in the meantime, being smart or dumb doesn't count much, to me.

What does count is principles, and knowledge of them, and willingness to do one's best to enforce them. The old days of propaganda, now called spin, and even speeches, is passé.

Now that idea doesn't take much education or smarts, but it does take one's idea of the way things ought to sort out, for all interests of course.

My guess is the USA World is changing, and I encourage everyone to vote, and let it sort out. And it will not take necessarily smart people to rule in the future, but for sure being an honest and hard working leader is a good start.

No comments: