Translate

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Spring has sprung

Hope springs eternal. Today on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee things were below freezing this morning, and now it may hit like 41F this PM. I might even wash off the salt from my made in Japan car (an Isuzu Trooper and a good car). Our local governments do a good job at keeping the roads open, but I also have to clean off the salt stuff so to keep the corrosion down. This is a known factor. All in all, a good report.

Now one, as I am, can “listen” to what the local animals do, as in listen to the local humming birds. They left in early September 2009, and I took this as a hint that here locally we may have a long winter, maybe even a cold winter. So far this seems to be happening.

Now, again, spring starts on the spring equinox date, which I think is March 21st. Basically it has much to do with our solar radiation and our earth’s time, but also is the date when daylight balances with darkness. It is predictable and usual.

Now, here, locally, I would not plant tomato plants until after the local normal freeze stuff happens, which is May 15th by the way. And, also, by the way, a long time gal already knew this, or at least suggested this.

Like I said, spring has sprung, or at least is springing.

No comments: