Translate

Friday, March 19, 2010

I am a child of the 60’s, too

We had many courses of action then, and we still do, as long as we can demonstrate, and then vote.

What worries me is that some might try to take away my ability to demonstrate, and then vote. This worry is real to me, be it right or wrong. Any other means to take away my vote is also wrong. After all, I am an American, and I have rights.

My vote also counts in so many ways, to include city, county, state, and federal. Even school boards that spend so much of our property taxes in so many places allows the tax payers to vote about their kids and our future. Votes like for the County Commissioner come to mind.

Any attempt to take away my child of the 60’s ideals is simply misplaced, though I think it is going on. I am an American, too.

As a child of the 60’s I wondered then, and I wonder now, what went in during our ancestors thinking during the times of the American Revolution. I suspect much of these thoughts are going on today in our present day terms.

I am incredulous that I can even use my imagination this way. But things have suggested that I also anticipate all this.

No comments: