Translate

Monday, August 05, 2013

Two experiments report


Two experiments reports

       Experiment number one. I used one of my wood stoves and cast iron griddle on top of it to make some bread. It turned out OK, like the bread was OK to me.

            Experiment number two. I used my present solar plant, which is a backup to my water powered electric plant, to make some electricity to power my backup freezer. Well it worked OK for about 36 hours, but then ran out of "oomph". While it did work overnight, in the end I am going to have to assemble one utility cart (the Hemlocks as two), and chase the sun with it, hoping for the best, which should happen. In the meantime, I have one more battery inbound to help the storage cause. So bottom line report today is that the present solar backup system should charge all my batteries, plus run my once a month haircut setup (remember we also have scissors).  As to the 4.8 cuft freezer, its back on TVA power right now, though the Hemlocks has extra plastic containers to store the contents to protect the stuff from the local vermin, like the mice. Hopefully, chasing the sun should keep it working OK in the future.  Though more experiments are required to make me happy, including the winter and darker time, and extended cloudy weather times.

No comments: