Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Home wind power


Home wind power

       Here's one link that may help you:  http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704198004575311033833466788.html

            There are many links on this subject.

            Here's one more link:  http://www.windenergyfoundation.org/wind-at-work/wind-consumers/wind-power-your-home

            My bottom line where I live: I expect blackout periods when the wind does not blow.

            To avoid that, I use water power full time as my choice of the way to go. But that is dependent on where I, and you, live. In my case solar is a backup, also, and wind generated electricity is a poor third.

            Now I have reduced my electrical demands, but remember I use to be a Marine, so I have low expectations, anyway. In the meantime, I use public TVA electricity which works pretty good these days. For example, I like being able to turn on a switch and the indoor light in the bathroom I use comes on.

No comments: