Translate

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thrashing back at our politicians

Our national politicians in congress have alarmed me. Mostly it is the old time democrats who have assumed control of the senate and house based on election results.

Yet I also think we Americans have voted for our country first, to include at the local congressional level. I used to think I was a republican, but often the local democrat says what I want to hear. It is our country first. And what I really expect is the proclaimed “let’s debate and vote on the issues”.

There are I think dinosaur-type politicians from the past that still think their time is finally here. I disagree. The country has changed, but they may not have changed. Only time will tell.

Then there is the American character that believes in individuals and ideas and elections and debating ideas. That the George Washington idea of avoiding royalty pretensions may be superseded by the oncoming Speaker of the House going through anointing ceremonies tells me she has other agendas and personal defects. Again, what a dinosaur.

I think most politicians of the old times don’t get it. It is the change of our body politic. Whoa be to those who don’t figure it out. I think the new representatives do get it.

As much as I can’t believe it, there are different visions for our country’s future. That we are still the “new world” in the idea category is the hope for most of the world peoples. That many politicians seek to mine the wealth is something to vote against when the privilege to serve is abused.

Talk is cheap. And there are those who “talk the talk” but do not “walk the walk”. We shall see, and then vote.

No comments: