Translate

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Well, at least I can live better than Abraham Lincoln did in his youth



Well, at least I can live better than Abraham Lincoln did in his youth

The subject is the Hemlocks’ electric plants.
One is water powered, and one is solar powered. Both work just fine these days. And by design I am not trying to preserve the status quo, though one can, like you can even power your own way of life if you choose, and are willing to pay for it and maintain it.  Instead the Hemlocks’ design is to meet my much lower requirements, which im themselves, make me happy. Mostly it is to help my food safety efforts, recharge my electric batteries, and even have some extra light at night for security type reasons, like I have a working LED floodlight.
And I assume that public provided electricity will usually beat out anything I can do from an expense sort of view.  Said another way, I just want to be as independent as I can be. Said even another way, any another business plan that depends on public electricity on demand is too status quo for me these days. Last time I even looked into this subject, locally.  TVA would pay me 10 cents on the dollar to make electricity they could use. Hopefully it is better than that now. So I just use the output to my own advantage these days.
And last, and having been a Marine, I can and am willing to shoot to defend the Hemlocks and food sources if I have to. I personally don’t think it will get to that, but also I can say I have made my peace on the subject, too. An old saying comes to mind, right now. It is: “One does not need to be good looking to aim and pull the trigger.”  Another expression comes to mind to: “One does not need to be smart to pull the trigger, though being steadfast while aiming in sure does count, too”.
I suggest we have things worth protecting.

No comments: