Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life during hard times



Life during hard times

I never thought of it (the suffering from the recent ice storm) as courage. Now I did think of it as “the put up with it factor”.
Said another way, all one does is “hunker down” until things get better. Now that does take patience, I freely admit.
So having some good books to read sure seems like a good idea these days. Now I have many, but think I will get some more, too.
I may be closer to a dog than I thought.
And the pansy factor now kicks in. Even I would heat my MRE once using wood stove heat, and while I ate it in the dark, I also still don’t know what I ate for sure, other than it sure seemed like food to me. In the old days I would just eat it cold, but again that was another earlier time that no longer appeals to me.
I am glad my son who came to help got to learn about our ancestors the hard way. He would probably disagree with that statement, but the heck with him. I can be a charity taking ungrateful wretch, too.
My guess is that we are at least a century away before all the ancestor skills are lost.
So my “living museum” idea is at best nothing but a postponement of hard times learning, which surely will come again.

No comments: