Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Former POW (Prisoner of War) mentality upon return to the USA



Former POW (Prisoner of War) mentality upon return to the USA

It finally happened to me, too.
The recent ice storm and resulting loss of conventional heat and public electricity (for days and the end was always unknown) in my lifetime has gotten my attention, kind of like normal I think.
If you had asked me a while ago if this would ever happen to me, I would have said no, especially in the USA and in the winter time Now it has happened to me and the place known as the Hemlocks.
Now while I now have public electricity and the place is slowly re-warming, there are still thousands of people in this region without public electricity and heat.  So, as shabby as things are at the Hemlocks, I have offered to bunk up some people without all the harassment of the public shelters still open, which are most. Call it a “private” shelter of sorts. Now I doubt anyone may take me up on it, but the offer is out there to help our fellow humans. Whatever, what is happening around here just makes me proud to be an American.
So now that I am back, I am busy scurrying around to get ready again “just in case it happens again”, like another ice storm should occur around here with all the ramifications. I call that the former POW mentality, and it truly has happened to me, too.

No comments: