Translate

Friday, February 20, 2015

Integrity and honesty are a big deal



Integrity and honesty are a big deal

First, here’s the principle. Leadership should always have integrity and be honest.
People watch what is happening around them. And if leadership tries to cover up the crimes of 1% for the razor thin margins of profits they imagine, then the other 99% notice all this, and often vote with their feet and leave.
As a frustrated customer who did not get his stuff, I will also leave, too.
Companies go under for such reasons.
A year or two ago I had a UPS driver (during adverse weather) throw my ordered and paid for stuff out into the woods once, and the drive way once. That I found it included an element of luck. So I complained, and I thought all was taken care of. In my case, the weather improved and the problem went away.
Maybe not it now seems.
Now the exact same thing is happening again to me. This time I can’t even find the delivery (and I looked in the woods), but the scan on the ordered and delivered list says the driver delivered it, hence UPS gets paid I guess.
So this time the incident becomes a blog subject.
And why publish to a blog. Well one reason is the filtering apparently going on at UPS, where I can’t even complain to the Board of Directors so they know what is going on in my neck of the woods.  And I was once a President of a Company that reported to the Board of Directors, so my instinct is still there. They need to know what is going on.
So time to apply the principle of simple leadership to me; that is integrity and honesty is a big deal, period.
And if this is still going on for over a year, then I can also imagine UPS going under, in the end.
And in my lifetime I have observed Emery Air Freight go under, too.
After all, UPS is a delivery service, and they even advertise that they deliver. So I just want my stuff that I ordered and paid for.
And they had their chance. Now it is too late, in my opinion.

No comments: