Translate

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Becoming a pansy American



Becoming a pansy American

Be thankful for small things, in the end.
My son XXXX came to help out, a lot as it turned out.
Part of his help was clearing the 400 meters of driveway, which was pretty bad between downed trees and large branches blocking it in so many places. I figured it would take me some days to do. He did it in just over a day.
His reward is to travel today back to Wilmington, NC., and his wife and new baby. Now the combo sounds pretty hard on him, at least to me. He is age 40, too.
He did such a good job even the FedEx guy was either dumb enough or brave enough to try it this morning, and apparently did OK, too.
So now the criminals can come in, too, I guess. But while I am a pretty good aim, I can always shoot to scare them, also. But I can miss sometimes, too.
Last, even two policemen came in last Sunday when things were really bad. They even had a humvee given to them by the Army after the middle east wars. Mostly they were just checking on people like me, so once they knew I was alive, they turned around and left and got out somehow, I guess.
Oh well.

And winter is not over, yet. Last night we got another 3 to 4 inches (7.5 to 10 cm) of snow.

No comments: