Translate

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Somebody finally broke the code

One result of my recent health episodes is being without a lot of cable TV movie channels for months.
One new channel I’ve found since I got back to the Hemlocks is the PixL channel, which is basically TV PG type Hallmark movies, and I like what I see. Maybe you get it, too.
The common theme seems to be it is “chick type channel” with a common Producer Larry Levinson and an emphasis on values and honest work and manners.  Most movies are American, but some are European, too.
The violence is like men fighting each other (sometimes in the Westerns though most of the movies are about today’s times) with no gratuitous sex.  Your kids can watch it safely without you overseeing it, in my opinion.
Anyway, check it out if you are so inclined. I think it is part of the STARZ TV movies selection where I receive it on DISH satellite TV though one does not need STARZ to get it here.  I do not subscribe to the STARZ channels and I receive it at the Hemlocks.
The older I get the less interested I am in sex and violence and CGI type effects in movies.  The PixL channel is such a channel, again in my opinion.

No comments: