Translate

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How to make and serve a stromboli


How to make and serve a stromboli
 
This is just one idea for cooking in new world America.

I intend to make a stromboli using store bought refrigerator dough, and stuffing it with some combination of Italian and Mexican ingredients. Local ingredients might be pretty good, also. I will watch what my relatives and friends say about it, too.

I've lived in Asia long enough (like a couple of years) to enjoy a lot of the local ingredients, too. I've been back in America around two decades.

Next month (June) is learning how to make and cook dough in America with the various kinds of flour we can get. For example, I will work initially with flour made from wheat, rye, and corn. Now I also know I can use flour made from other grains, like oats, acorns, rice, and even more minor grains.

And dough for strombolis is only part of it.  How about basic things like bread and scones and biscuits, for examples of other uses of dough.

As to a name for today's meal, I'll think about it. My Italian and Spanish is poor, like good enough to work in a bar and go to the bathroom and say please and thank you.

As to a temperature, one can use the oven or even an older-fashioned cooking stove heated by wood, or charcoal, or coal, or whatever. A today's regular oven (usually heated by electricity of natural gas in America) at 350 F takes one amount of time that the video mentions. An older-fashioned cooking stove will often take another time. So like the video suggests, keep an eye on it and use your own judgment about when it is cooked well enough to serve to your Family and Friends. 

As to a meat/dipping sauce, even I still have to figure that out.  I for one with my Carolina time still enjoy vinegar based sauces vice tomato based sauces, but that is just my own preference.  And for that matter, why even have a meat/dipping sauce?  Put your flavor in the stromboli that you will name and serve, for another example.

No comments: