Translate

Monday, June 24, 2013


Scout training

       Here's a link to start the process, like picking up some skills that might help you where you live:  http://www.scouting.org/Training.aspx  You'll  have to navigate from the start.

            Even I got a lot of scout training for free (to me). Even I once saved a fellow scout from drowning using my scout taught skills. Later I chewed him out, but that is another story.

            And then I also got USMC scout type training, which only amplified and improved my training.  So later when I showed up at car wreck scenes, I thought I knew what to do until reinforcements arrived. And I applied my training.  I have not had to apply these similar skills during combat, generally speaking.

            So get some training, as best you can, and with the time you might have. For example do you know how to treat a sucking chest wound at a hunting camp? I do, or at least have been trained in that dilemma. And of course consider Plan B, like sending your children to Scout training.

No comments: