Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013


A "toy" cross bow story

       For the record I have guns and pepper spray, too. And I have two cottages in a compound to defend, too.

            I even have had 6 young men trespass onto me awhile back, and during the daytime to boot. My yard dogs woke me up from my "senior nap", and I challenged them, and they went away, never to return, or so I think. I threatened them with calling the cops, but in end just ran them off. The cops have enough problems to solve and handle, I figured.

            My Marine tradition is to just chew them out, and then evict them. Even a local County Deputy Sheriff I caught trespassing decades ago, and again, just chose to chew him out and then send him on his way. Now he is a Deputy Sheriff. Mission accomplished I would say. I am proud of him. He is an OK young man.

            So I take my use of cross bows quite seriously. Nobody I know wants to get hurt or die in any circumstances, be they good or bad.

            And a crossbow sounds pretty primitive to me, which is right up my alley. Of course a gun or pepper spray is really good, too. But so is something else like a "toy" cross bow when some bad person shows up on my door step with harm intended. And some  may even be just desperate during hard times, like just seeking warmth and food.

            So if some bad person tries to home invade either of my cottages, I or my females will "hopefully" be there to "greet" them with a "toy" cross bow, be it now or later.

            I figure both a gun and a cross bow are both intimidating if you are having them pointed at you. And I have women to defend, too.  And the women I know can handle a "toy" cross bow just fine and on their own, especially those females with their own children to defend, too. And my "toy" cross bow will penetrate the body and to the heart just fine.

No comments: