For those who enjoy canned tuna sandwiches but despise tuna casseroles, here is the answer to your prayer for canned tuna, extraordinaire. Try it, you’ll like it.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can of tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 3 stalks green onion, diced (or use equivalent of any onion on hand )
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped bell pepper, any color (or use jalapeno from your garden)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs, reserve 2 tablespoons for topping
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reserve 1/4 cup for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix 2 tablespoons of reserved bread crumbs with 1/4 cup of reserved cheese.
- Stir together other filling ingredients.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with reserved bread crumb/cheese mixture.
- Bake @400 F for 30 minutes, or until center of pie is firm and top of pie is lightly browned.
Serve with salad of your choice.
From the Survival Blog