Translate

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Gun use and training and being smart and respectful


Gun use and training and being smart and respectful

Here’s some suggestions:

Know what you are doing with a gun. Like do you want to kill invaders or just wound them, if you can even shoot straight?

Be real respectful if a gun is pointed at you, like to hurt or kill you. Like be respectful as a method of calming things down.

Don’t even prompt the gun use.  Some do and sometimes deserve what they get.  The old saying “that they are dead right” applies in some cases.

Get some training in gun use.  Like get training in even the simple things, like care and cleaning of the weapon. Even how to aim the thing accurately can be a good training subject, too.

Get some training about security of your guns.

In my Marine training, I learned what it is like being shot at, and the crack of a real bullet going by my head was later an attention gainer, to me. I even turned to my Marine Gunnery Sergeant (a former surfer from Southern California) and asked him if what I and he heard was what I thought I heard. He said yes!  Bummer, these banditos (in the Philippines) were just trying to kill me. I was not a happy camper, and all I could do was shoot back with blanks, which is what I did. That ran ‘em off. Later four Navy officers were murdered in the same area within a week.  They were “dead right” I guess.  I did not go back there.

No comments: