Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why do I feel compelled to plan ahead?


Why are things apparently messed up these days?

       Of course you have to buy the premise that things are just not right these days.

            Is it our form of government, our culture, or the leaders we have elected and appointed? At least to me, those are the three basic options to question.

            Do I blame the Federal President, the two major national political parties, our culture, or do I just blame myself? And if I buy the idea of blame, just "who" is going to correct things for the better? The obvious answer is "me"...and "us". And the cause is probably a little bit of everything, like an "all of the above" choice in a test.

            Now, in fairness, I've been going along with most of these trends for decades, and look what it got us. And I believe if it took decades to get where we are today, then it will take decades to get it back, a little bit at a time. But one has to start somewhere and sometime, and it might as well be here and now. God bless the USA, mostly because I still believe we can influence our future for the better.

            So I still believe in our form of government as a good way to be ruled in the new world USA. Now the rest of it needs many changes in my beliefs, and I can work on that, again starting here and now. Mostly it appears we need better leaders. And we are oozing with better leaders, at all levels, by the way. And in fairness, some of our present leaders are pretty good. So don't throw out the baby with the dirty bath water. Said another way, be selective in your actions. Some present day leaders need our support, not retribution.

            I just hope, and really expect, I will make it through what looks like a coming "dark period". Even if I don't, I suspect, and really hope, that many others will make it. And I expect they will work towards making things better. Age may get me in the end, by the way. I am age 65, so my hope for the future depends on others, also.

            For example, I don't think that creating more laws and regulations and spending and borrowing money is the best way to lead ourselves out of the present day's mess we are in. Now Plan B is to use standards and morals and principles and voting to lead ourselves out of this mess.

            We can do it if we want to.

             Otherwise Plan C will assert itself, whatever that turns out to be as it creates its own course.

            As for me, I would rather we influence my and our Families' future for the better than what we have today. I call that leadership. Now that will take some work, too. But that is what leaders and parents already do every day. Now we just have to change how we best apply ourselves, at least doing better than what got us to where we are today.

No comments: