Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

SPAM (food)


Spam (food)

       Here's a wiki link on the subject:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_(food)

            If times get hard, SPAM is not a bad way to go.

            Especially SPAM can be good if one does "farm type work" when they are not used to doing this kind of work, especially during hot and humid times when they sweat a lot.  The salt and fat in SPAM is a good deal in that situation, in my opinion. Now also drink a lot of liquid, too.

            I myself used to eat some it, too, especially during camping trips in the mountains in Virginia.  The long shelf life and no need for chilling was very appealing, to me. As was the fact that it was already pre-cooked, so all I had to do was heat it up, which was a preference I enjoyed, even over cedar wood fires like on a Sunday morning.

No comments: