Translate

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Change is in the air

Like my normal style, let me define change. To me the times they are a changin'.

Most humans don't like change, especially the change in the status quo.

Yet it is going on which makes these times exciting both good and bad depending on your point of view. I still think there are good comparisons to the time of the American Revolution circa the early 1770's.

And part of this change is one's beliefs about short term and long term. Like I used to say in the Marines, I can dictate behavior, but I cannot dictate what people think, though some may try.

And the change I personally detect is mostly USA cultural. And it seems to be mostly generated from young people growing up in America. Maybe they have different standards from old people.

Here's one indicator. Low life subjects are beginning to fade in Hollywood movies after decades, especially the financing, and other more USA patriotic type subjects tend to be arising. Maybe people will spend their money on new kinds of movies and even music?

Another obvious indicator to me is how dysfunctional our Federal government has become, and we elected them. Said another way, there has to be a better way, and it will take change. Lord knows, it does not take another American Revolution. I still like to think my vote still counts, and won't be taken away. And I never forget many things that affect my life, and my kids and grandkids lives, are more local than Federal.

Another indicator to me is how we take care of our poor. Let me define American poor. Down and out from no fault of their own. And I feel a sense to help them out. And I sense how we take care of them, and those who filch off of this government involvement in charity is also changing. I myself have eaten government (tax payer paid) food just to prove I can do it. And all this food, and attitudes has helped them breed more poor young children (and they get plenty of sex), which is a terrible state of affairs right now. There is hope, even in the present system, by the way. Food banks may change "their" rules to recognize all this. The best way to help our American poor is more private charity oriented than government oriented, I think, and I sense this change is also in the air. Only time will tell of course, and I am thinking long term, like 2020 or later.

I sense that so many Americans think there is a "black" problem, though that is changing, too. Anyway, from my USA Marine point of view, I think this attitude is naive. There are plenty of African Americans in the USMC and the rest of the military who the bad guys don't want on our side. Said another way, those who think this way are probably thinking based on where they live and their experience and what they read. Well I live on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee, and there are plenty of similar low life types who are not African American. Let me say it another way, we have low life problems, and all are not always from black heritage. And even in this idea, I think the times they are a changin'.

Last it is pretty obvious that again immigration is changing the new world USA, kind of like normal, like our past. Some may not like it, either right now it is in our meal choices, later it may be in our female beauty choices, like at Walmart. But for sure change is happening. And so a current decades old fad idea of multi-culturalism may fade back to what is happening anyway...which I call another term, a melting pot, an old time term, by the way.

No comments: