Translate

Friday, September 27, 2013

The nature of change in the new world USA in 2013


The nature of change in the new world USA in 2013

            Often it is top down, like the political leaders responding to some national crisis, like a depression or a war. In this situation, often it the senior leaders followed by their political look- alikes, and their political party.

            And less often it is also bottom up, like the people asserting themselves by one of many methods. In this situation, it is often the people first, with their own leaders  trying to catch up and assume positions that the people have already figured out. Seldom is there a true crisis, like a depression or a war involved as a catalyst. More often there is an obvious and general malaise in society.

            In the new world USA, I can imagine another "friction" also going on. It is the end of the liberal/progressive era, a century long era coming to an end because of its own record of poor performance, poor results, and poor financing. I even think of the images of the dinosaurs resisting the big comet as it brought their own era and reign to an end.

            Also, and in science thinking,  if the 19th century was a period of chemistry, and the 20th century was a period of physics, then perhaps the 21st century will be an era of biology. Yep, even change goes on in the field of science; and really human evolution. The announcements back in the 19th century that science had gone as far as it could turns out to be woefully ignorant, and human self-centered even for their time.

            So what is going to happen in the new world USA. I don't know for sure. I am not even confident in my own predictions to myself. But also for sure, I do predict that great change is coming to the new world USA, and probably the rest of the world. I just am not sure what it will be, though probably there will be a lot of friction, and even the deaths of millions as we change to our latest future.

            Well, back out to repairing my plow, and then hopefully doing some more fall plowing as my way of planning for my immediate future during this time of change. After all, I like to eat to live, too.

No comments: