Translate

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Obamacare and my moral dilemma


Obamacare and my moral dilemma

       All I can honestly say is what I think

            For the record I am age 65 and have decided to just wait things out for a while, like maybe even a year or so. I draw a military retirement, and the health benefit of my retirement is changing in front of me, with no one really knowing what is going on right now.

            As a result of my decision to wait things out, I may die earlier, and so be it. My main interests are in my immediate Family and Friends anyway, and not me. It's the Future as is often said.  And I did have my chance, earlier, and took advantage of that, too.

            And I also believe the present and past Congresses and Presidents and their Families should live under the law they've  already  passed and are now imposing on the rest of we Americans. To not do so is just immoral and smacks of corruption.

            Now before all this health care stuff blew up as the coming implementation time approached, under the existing  system my local doctor where I now live in rural east Tennessee  had to deal with over 400 health care plans, including mine. And he is a good guy (as is his wife)  in my opinion, to include doing  a 2 year duty of serving a poor rural community in Mexico in his earlier years. Of course he and she chose that way to go through their life, and still do so in this rural and poor part of America. I applaud them.

            So, morally and practically speaking,  I personally believe it is possible to have an idealistic academic  idea about universal health care, a noble goal I would even say;  and also have a crummy federal law with poor implementation to try make it happen. That's where I think we are today.

            And, practically speaking,  I personally believe  many people perceive a coming "train wreck" and are trying to point it out to those that will listen. In my case, I've "been there, done that", and even I can see it coming, or so I believe.

            And for me, I've quit talking about politics as a general waste of my time. Said another way, after Obama got reelected, I made up my own mind not to argue until I am blue in the face, but to use my time and money more productively, like productively in my mind.

            Does that make me fatalistic?  One can certainly argue that.  Does that mean that millions may die as a result of the present mess? I've made my peace with myself if this even comes to pass, which it might.

            So I am doing a combination of moral dilemma solutions and practical planning these days.

            Let it happen, as it probably will anyway.  Then the arguments can have more basis. Said another way, I think I understand the dilemma of those still arguing until they are blue in the face, and those that are just fatalistic, and those that just want to gather actual use data, and those others that want to defend what has been have rammed through so far, for the good of us all I suspect many think in their own minds. And for the practical side of things, I am advancing my own "hobby" blog, and even doing  my fall/winter plowing "just in case" to make sure I have enough food to eat next year, Family and Friends and their children included.

            If my solution fails, then I guess I'll just die off, and others surviving will do their thing. Call that fatalistic if you will. I call it realistic.

            Now also imagine if you are a child during times like this. They will probably gain memories and experiences they  will never ever forget, and apply them later in their adult life and our human future.

No comments: