Translate

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Children of successful politicians are not necessarily up to their parent's experience


Children of successful politicians are not necessarily up to their parent's experience

       An old Chinese expression about our ancestors honor is all their own comes to my mind

            Yet we do elect and reelect these children, so in the end we voters are part of the process and problem, too.

            Two obvious examples come to my mind...Kathleen Sebelius, and Nancy Pelosi.

            As Governor of Kansas, Sebelius  disapproved a new coal fired electric plant, so right then and there a lot of people made up their mind not to relocate to Kansas.  Factories usually need energy to operate. Of course she left the state not long after. Her father was a Governor of Ohio.

            And then there is Nancy Pelosi, now famous for her line about having to pass a Federal law in order to find out what is in it. Enough said about that absurdity.  Her father was the mayor of Baltimore and a Maryland federal congressman, as I recall. She is a Congress person from the San Francisco area, by the way.

            Now I am sure they, and people like them, are decent and hard working people who probably have made many self-sacrifices to advance in their lives. Said another way,  I give them that.  And I assume they love their Family.  They earned it!

            But also they appear to be lacking the most fundamental political skills of representing their constituents,  personal  leadership skills, and all too often moral basics. Even the educational faux pas are getting embarrassing to me in 2013. And  Pelosi appears to be beginning to suffer from dementia, too;  if confusing the Constitution with words from the Declaration of Independence can be offered as an example. Maybe she's just poorly educated, or was just a poor learner when educated. I don't know her, personally, so I don't know.

            The effect of their Federal influence on me in east Tennessee (like federal laws and regulations) is that I have to now plan around them and their influence, which is adverse to me and my Family's own future, in my opinion. An example is responsible  timber cutting, including erosion control.  Said another way, I think they might have been better served by going another way in their own lives.  Their ancestor's honor was all their own, as the old Chinese saying  goes.

No comments: