Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Baking


Baking

       A wiki link on the subject can be found at:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baking

            Even I have earlier made "Indian pone" just to prove to myself I could do it if I have to. It's a form of baking.

·       Even in the movie Jeremiah Johnson (circa early 1970's) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Johnson_(film)),  he did not like the taste of the Indian pone that his new Indian bride made on a hot stone.

            Well, I did prove I could make it a few years ago, but also did like some melted butter/margarine to enhance the flavor.  Probably warm water with spices might have helped some, too.

            So I figure I am only half way there to the lower standards often necessary to live in very hard times, if I have to. And as a Marine my standards are already pretty low.  After all, it is "mission first" which is to survive these days if times get hard in America, first of all.  And along the way, eat enough, too. After all, food does help living and also being minimally healthy. This idea applies about anywhere, to include the many third world areas I have been in, to even include urban and rural situations.

            But I also now think we humans can do it, by my Indian pone experiment on myself as an example, if we have to, and however it sorts out. In that regards, my standards may  have to change, like even more in the downhill direction.

            After all, growing, cooking, baking, and eating, counts, too.

            And even green eggs and ham can be colored and enhanced by more than spinach or store bought green food color;  like green yard grass or green dandelions, for a last example.

No comments: