Translate

Sunday, April 01, 2012

We pesky humans

Logic suggests to me we should always do the things that will benefit us. Unfortunately, this logic avoids the human element, like it may not be logical but that is just what we are gonna do, anyway.

Make up your own mind, to include how your ideas affect you and your Family.

And then there is the human element. I've heard the expression "the art of the possible". Here leadership and management skills go a long way, helped often by a lot of experience, some good, some bad, but a good dose of experience either way.

For the younger person, time and often some targeted education always helps in increasing one's experience and skills. After all, there are few natural leaders; most of us have to be taught or seasoned over time.

I good teacher who can actually teach leadership and management skills is a rare commodity, pretty much in all days and times. One with good ethics, to, is especially rare these days.

One good example of that is parenthood. Most parents often will say something like I wish I knew then what I know now.

The key point, to me, is to at least recognize and try honestly capitalize on the human element of any plan or program or intent. Now that idea alone makes for an experienced, and pesky, human.

No comments: