Translate

Friday, April 27, 2012


Just a personal story about where I live

            Where I live is the Cumberland Plateau in east Tennessee.

            And I drink spring water and use it too for waste water treatment, like using a septic tank which is where the poop goes when I flush.

            And my caretaker's wife asked me to test the water about ten years ago, which I agreed to do at Tennessee Tech, whose results I trusted. All this even though in a century preceding nobody has gotten sick on the water here.

            Now I have a GIS (call it a computer map) of the place, and all the water in the springs comes from the place, or so I hope and think.

            Well, to make things simple, the water I drink here is better than public water.

            So then I looked at selling all this wonderful clean spring water, and bottom line, was it would set me back about $250 K about 5 years ago just to start the whole thing. I don't know what the prices are today.

            So I went to Plan B, which is to use the same water to make electricity, which is what I am doing today. Now that has set me back about $18 K, so far.

No comments: