Translate

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Connecting the dots

This post is somewhere between worse casing things, and psycho babble stuff. Yet I post it, anyway...even at the expense of seeming crazy, which I might be in my old age, maybe even in my younger years, too.

Apparently, enough people are figuring the same way, my evidence being the National Geographic TV series on Preppers. I even think it is going into a second season, also.

Now I have the advantage of time, like being old, so I even remember the bomb shelter craze that went on around 1960 and nothing came out of that; though in the 9th grade during the Cuban Missile Crisis when my Dad said you and your brother are on your own, like live on the streets and try make your way in life, that got my attention. At the time he worked at the Pentagon and they were prepping to go to the bomb shelters in the Blue Ridge area, like the next day. My Mom was in Tennessee taking care of a sick Dad, by the way.

So here we are again, different times and different situations, but the same human fears, foibles if you will. Even in medical talk, I understand the placebo effect ideas; and also have been to High School and understand the idea of group think, like fads and cliques.

So when I connect the dots these days, I get nervous for my own reasons, carefully thought out, I hope, and in my mind of course.

For the record, I am a retired Marine Lt.Col. and a graduate of Georgia Tech.

So at this time in my life, and America's history, I sense, connecting the dots if you will, that the poo poo is getting ready to hit the fan, like in the next year or two.

If this connect the dots idea is correct, then we humans will still survive, though many may also die along the way. Think Little House on the Prairie, if you will as a way to survive.

And if this connect the dots idea turns out to be correct this time, I also think we humans will survive, though more like the old days than most want to go through. It won't be fun. There, I said it again, and in another way.

There are so many unknowns that worrying is probably a waste of mental time. Yet I am a human, too, so I worry, too.

And in the triage idea, where I live will probably be last on the priority list, so I will have to depend on myself if I still prefer to be a future voting citizen, rather than a serf. But even that may be up for grabs, depending on how long all this terrible time takes to sort out. In my mind, it might be like 5 to 10 years, I read.

Last, and only if times get truly hard, an awful lot of idealistic people are going to suffer. What's the classical phrase...good intentions but poor judgment.

Whether mother nature, or humans, mess up our present way of life as we know it is of little consequence to me. I am prepared to die, worse case. Rather I connect the dots as to how the present political leaders will act, or more likely react. And I am not hopeful.

No comments: