Translate

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

We all have alternatives

In most of our cases our choices are most simple, like a choice of a spouse, a choice of a job, or etc. etc.

This post is about health care, posted as one who is age 63 and a male.

I still want a choice, and I don't like the alternatives today in the new world USA. Just where I live in rural east Tennessee my monthly bill has gone up from $20 a month to $70 dollars a month.

After all, most of us want a better way to affordable health care than what we have had in the last few decades. While the science is up, so is the price. Now even people like me know we can't live forever, but while we are alive I think most people don't want to be a burden to their Families, either.

Hence affordable health care, not just to extend one's life, but mostly to extend one's quality of life, and personal independence. Most of us just don't want to depend on our descendants to help in our old age. I think most would rather die off, than be a burden who also loses independence in old age. I call it the human factor.

So what do we do? Mostly I think about my descendents who may be burdened.

I would suggest focusing on affordable health care these days, with the other obvious alternatives in mind. In this idea is one of values of governments. The kicker is the obvious choices, like alternatives, and maybe the present group of federal politicians in charge have voted on a poor alternative. We do have other alternatives.

Let me be specific. One alternative is catastrophic health insurance to keep from bankrupting Families taking care of decrepit old people. Now that idea seems to be a good reason for paying taxes to governments.

Like why don't we vote for politicians who vote for other ways to achieve the goals, whatever they are.

Last, assuming Obamacare fails in the Supreme Court, then we still have a health care problem as a new world USA population, and I sure hope we think about the alternatives, and elect those who best represent these other ideas. In this idea, even I have alternatives I would recommend.

No comments: