Translate

Monday, September 19, 2011

Trust and faith in our Federal President

We have a crummy Federal President. There, I've said it again.

Now even I can distinguish between a political position or even a political theme, often called an ideology these days, and the politician. And we Americans can argue all we want about what is best for our Country, but I choose not to waste my time in this area. I leave that to others.

Also, the old military idea of deciphering capabilities, though hard, is much easier than trying to decipher intents, like reading the "others" minds. That gets into psycho babble stuff, and the nuclear program training stuff about certification that I have had in this area is enough for me. And it was pretty good, at least to me and my GaTech mind.

And the old time military idea when you want to fire somebody is just to say you've lost trust and faith in the person you are firing. There is plenty of review built into the system to account for this, too. For most USA people these days, it is the vote.

And my last lead in to this post has to do with a visit by a very liberal friend, age 25 and an announced southern Democrat. He wanted to watch on TV the President's speech to the collected Congress last week, and I declined, saying why should I listen to him lie. So I put on something else.

Now maybe I have become a recalcitrant (age 63), but I sense, as a political junkie, that the times have changed, and lying to rule a country is more accepted today by our society. Fine, but I don't accept it. That idea is just wrong. That method is fraught with problems that only voters can decide at that Federal level.

And even reading a lot of online stuff, an awful lot of Americans still believe our Federal President, like take him at his word. Count me among those that don't.

Now is he is lying outright, like being an immoral person. I don't think so.

Rather, and of more concern for my future, is that he is simply kinda dumb and doing what he thinks is right, and has the courage and ego to follow his convictions. Hence, I think rather than lying, it's worse than that. He actually believes what he is saying. And he is still being influenced a lot by his hired minions. Now that is a scary idea, too.

Hence I have lost trust and faith in our present Federal President.

Even I can live with that, after all we the people elected him, and maybe I am wrong, but in the same vein we have an immediate future to deal with.

So I, again, have lost trust and faith in our present Federal President in being an American President. That includes all who he has hired, be they Secretaries or Czars, or lessers. And they have the keys to the kingdom, so to speak, and what they do affects me and you. And they have over a year to do their thing before we voters either reinforce what they are doing, or elect them out.

So how will they react, or act, in the near future. I don't know, but worry. And only time will tell.

No comments: