Translate

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Stream of consciousness

Most in the new world USA people still expect a rosy future. Now that might be a easy future, but many also hope for their Family's happiness in today's times, and when working for their rosy future, may find this goal tougher to achieve.

As one who tries to figure out the disease, vice the symptoms, then I perceive a clash of cultures, mostly the idea of nation states vice tribal ways of ruling. And of course it depends on where you live, like in the new world USA I perceive a coming friction between the rural people and the urban people. But I can't ignore the whole world, because that affects me in the USA, too.

What a mix of conflicting ideas and human problems.

And I perceive the present ruling classes, in general, are doing a crummy job in handling today's problems. I still believe in the idea of electing representatives, but now have growing doubt of the method we are using to represent ourselves. Maybe it is us and our culture, but maybe something else too. Now in fairness, some of our rulers during this time of change are doing a good job, and need to be reinforced, be they in the Sri Lanka, Romania, or even the USA. Just how we reinforce them depends on where you live, and how you do it...be it voting or local revolution. And if change is needed, then I still trust we humans to make it happen wherever you live.

Now I fear today how many present human leaders will react in our human future. World Wars are often started by things as simple as regional power leaders using their judgments, actions and even reactions; and just rolling the dice. And millions of us have to die as a result. Local wars I have to live with, whether I like it or not (think of Darfur as an example). And even being drafted or using coupons for rationing seems to be something that will have to happen for at least this 21st century.

And then there are our economic problems, probably mostly human caused, in the end. Just how we deal with these problems, and even handle some human leaders who want to change us in their vision and time frame, is in the end, a human decision, I think. Just how "we" handle them is up for grabs in 2011. And I don't even think of just the new world USA, but also China with its rural/urban frictions and history, to boot. Use your own imagination where you live. Turmoil and change is pretty constant when it comes to human involvement.

But in my stream of consciousness, I am still very hopeful for our human future. For sure the status quo is changing, and probably for the better. And the beauty is that we humans will make it happen. Now it will be at most levels,not just federal or national, but like even state, or province, or prefecture; or even more local. How much depends on where one lives

So in my stream of consciousness, and like going down a rapids, we humans are in for some turbulent times; but, like paddlers, will come out safe and sound for our Families when we get to calmer waters. But also like going down a rapids, it will be exciting, and some are better prepared than others.

And like the paddling idea, those who do it is because they want to. But also in my stream of consciouness ideas, I have to do it for my Family's sake.

No comments: