Translate

Friday, September 30, 2011

The coming Global Superstorm

This title borrows a title from a decade old book, but things are much worse than just a mother nature natural event. This time political people are involved, hence the idea of things can be worse than they are today, and may be in our near future.

The level of such coming change is analogous to what went on after World War II, which was pretty profound to those affected, which was pretty much the whole world.

Then, in simple terms, the West, and mostly the USA and Russia dominated the immediate future of the world, as any victor with responsibility and future intent would do. In my opinion, we (USA types) did "good", like succeeded in what our ancestors wanted to accomplish after the "big war". How well the Russians did is another discussion.

But then was then, and now was now, and we have a new set of "us" and our leaders. Now even today in our world, not all leaders are elected, and many leaders are still basically dictators, or tribal leaders, or some variation in between, to include economic leaders. When I hear of the idea of "failed states", I still wonder why we (and the present UN) are enforcing some practical method of defining the world our ancestors from the 1800's defined. The simple term is colonialism, as least to me. And I don't feel personally obligated to perpetuate what they did during their time. I have enough problems in my time.

So back to the title of this post.

If we had similar leaders to those of our recent past, then perhaps our present leaders could guide our future OK. Now if, call it bad luck, then if we have poor leaders who do a bad job, then times may get tempestuous, in Shakespearean terms.

So back to the title of this post, again. This time imagine some kind of mother nature event, like the Yellowstone caldera letting go. It's overdue. Even it's probable downwind patterns will affect where I live like I will have up to 6 inches of ash that will pretty well shut down a lot of life.

So am on my own, or can I count on future leaders to help the process along? Right now I don't know what to think. I just want to be warm and fed.

Given all this uncertainty, two thoughts come to mind. One is trust and faith, like in our leadership. Second is belief in their integrity and honesty about enhancing me and my Family.

So if all else fails, it is time for change, like the old time status quo will change. I suspect even science will come into play.

I am always astonished at the human tendency to want to join a "party", since I am not that way, though I realize I am in a minority on this idea. Even I would not be a part of a high school clique. But in the same vein, parties do have their value, mostly in getting things done.

No comments: