Translate

Monday, September 26, 2011

The happiness factor

This post is about how to think, mostly what is important to you, and your Family, to include your influence on your Family.

To me happiness is good health and self respect.

No where is money or political power in the equation.

I always remember a visit by my older brother years ago when we shared a meal at the local restaurant. He, a multi-millionaire, went out of his way to report another group at the restaurant he observed was obviously poor, but also happy. I have never forgotten his observation.

Now a perennial human happiness problem is trying to live forever, or even preserve eternal youth, which is normal, though a fantasy, too. Even our machines wear out, too. This "problem" seems to affect our females more than our males, but in the end all do grow old and die, like normal.

There's obviously many unhappy boys and girls, too, and today in the new world USA. I offer the reports of the divorce rates as an example. And my idea to think about divorce is that it often brings about introspection, mostly about what makes you happy. And I still wonder why the divorce rate was less many decades ago? After all, I suspect even our ancestors did have their frictions in their time, too.

And then there are the religious ideas, too. In this area, I am out of my league, but respect the impact of religion on the happiness factor. It's real.

Last, I recognize that many still associate happiness with their money and their political power. So be it.

And for those who have bad health (vice old age), I also understand that impact on happiness. Most humans don't have bad health, by the way. One can even think of bad health as advancing our deaths, which will happen anyway. Dying with dignity is a noble goal, at whatever age or circumstance.

And thankfully, dying of old age stuff doesn't always affect the happiness of our living and remaining relatives.

But, and to conclude, this post is still a how to think article with no sales pitches or conclusions. Now just what makes you happy, and how happy are you when you die, and live? Nothing can dictate what we think, though we may have to say certain things while we live wherever we live.

After all, life, and the pursuit of happiness, does go on.

No comments: