Translate

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time and money seems to sort out most things

This is just my latest report from the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.

My latest charity failure is now back in county jail for 200 days for parole violation. He's a nice guy who will not work, and now 40 years of age, and losing sponsors from his past. Even his age and background will catch up, in my opinion. I suspect this idea will also apply to the women who have sponsored him recently, even with their insurance money payments. Bottom line, even they are dropping him, again, at age 40. I'd rather die of old age in my case, with dignity. In his case, the scourge of drug addiction is even affecting him.

Another "small" rockslide was discovered yesterday in Verble Hollow. I went out to take zoomed in pictures today (from above and about a mile away), but did a crummy job. I blamed it on the angle of the sun about the time of the pictures, 1030 local time. This small rockslide was about 50 M wide by about 150 M in length, but that is just a guess. So I added it to my GIS map, and will go back in the fall after things cool down and the leaves fall down. In the meantime, the creek is full of siltly water when it even flows on top of the ground. Often it just disappears into the local underground caves and sieves, depending on the rainfall.

My latest dog bitch just had her fourth litter under the Honda ATV shed. This litter may be 8, though the first three litters were 12, 13, and 12. I take care of them all, but realistically also have to even budget for the food now that they are getting weaned. I have a well intended niece in the city who tells me to fix her, but when I suggested she spend $400 of her money to do so, well, she has not responded.

It almost seems like a political metaphor. One who has good intentions often does not want to pay for them...rather someone else like me has to pay for their good intentions. Now there is a plan B, just shoot her (the dog) in the head and throw her over the 80 foot bluff to recycle.

Even an old time place on the Cumberland Plateau (1905) needs maintenance. Bummer. I choose to do it these days. It does cost me money. I even have a tractor in for maintenance I can't do.

Last, and as reported to me by email, boys and girls still want to "get it on". I just hope they practiced safe sex! The after action reports were interesting, too, speaking as a grandfatherly type these days.

No comments: