Translate

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Waiting for it to warm up to 50F

It's early May in 2011 on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee. And I have decided to try start the tractor with a bush hog on it when the temperature gets up to 50F. If I have to "jump" it, then I can do that, too. Mostly I will bush hog an area to be used for Mother's Day fishing this coming Sunday. Today is Thursday, I think.

That's a big deal to me, even if I think the poachers will also enjoy this effort. Oh well. Hopefully there are some fish left for these mother's day visitors to have a nice day. After all, I paid money to stock this pond a while back, and did the work to stock it, mostly for my family and friends intents. In fact, I had to restore this old time pond earlier , which I guess to go back to 1890, but I don't really know.

In the meantime, I too am enjoying all the euphoria over the Ben Laden death. I would add not to believe much of the first 24 hours reports, but at least now we are into the "believe it" reports, which should continue for a while. At least the bad guy is dead.

Now is a good time to remind all that we elect and appoint leaders just to have someone make decisions. In the business world, many have a board of directors, and I like that system. In the political world, the election system seems to be the way to go. There are worse alternatives, like revolutions, or civil wars; or in the business case; going out of business. It does happen.

Well, it just got above 50F, so I am ready to go outside and unlock a farm gate, then go bush hog for Mother's Day.

No comments: