Translate

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hope for the new world USA

Hope springs eternal is a phrase I like. But it is also human based, I also think.

So no matter how much damage our present USA federal executive (and his political party) does during his time in power in the USA; economic, political, and cultural (maybe moral), I think the masses, we humans, will prevail. Like the title suggests, hope springs eternal.

Now I also believe the status quo of the last hundred years is also changing, and the outcome will probably be unpredictable today. For those that trust the experts to predict, I understand and accept it. For those who ascribe to this idea, just look at how well the sports predictors perform. And I think they have better data than the political prognosticators usually have.

Having been a Marine, I trust human behavior mostly.

And I am becoming pleasantly surprised to read more and more that others may think and say the same effect in the whole human world. It sure seems like it is. While the outcome is unpredictable, I like it better than things like the more status quo European colonization policy of about 100 years ago (mostly the nation-state boundaries), that we are still enforcing, at least selectively. Call it a UN thing. Even Colin Powell declared it US policy years ago. I just wonder what the people who live there think?

Just let me provide one example of what I mean. A few English and Russian diplomats over 100 years ago came up with the Durand Line as an effort to divide the Pashtun Tribe, which was area between British India and Afghanistan at the time. This line is still the present border (now between Pakistan and Afghanistan), and we are still shedding American blood to keep it the same.

Let me provide a second example. Many USA humans are voting with their pocket books, and their feet, or so I think. Only time will tell, of course.

What appealed to me today is an article by a gal I like reading. Here's a link: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/04/the_chord_donald_trump_strikes.html

Most of us humans like leadership, if we have trust and confidence in those in charge. And at least for next 50 years in human history, I sure hope the USA can provide it. Of course, that is up to us voters in the USA, which is constantly changing, too.

Like the title suggests, hope does spring eternal.

No comments: