Translate

Friday, April 22, 2011

Time for a change

Sometimes our politicians change, but then sometimes we change, too.

Last I heard was that the elected politicians were supposed to represent we common citizens. Seems fair to me. But if and when our politicians start dictating to the common citizens their values, of which I am one of the common citizens, then things have changed. Does the tail wag the dog, as an example of what I am thinking about? Does my vote still count in America? I sure hope so. What is good for our collective good, for example? Do I get a say?

Can our federal President say what is fair, or can we common citizens dictate that, for example? I personally resent our present President dictating my moral thoughts, especially when it comes to charity.

The question is begged about anyone's motivation? Does the end justify the means is also a good question? To me it drags in the idea of a human Constitution that we have today in the USA today. In my mind it tried to address all the human foibles we have, and we humans have pretty much not changed in thousands of years. We have our own human problems too, I guess. Hence, in my mind and thoughts, our Constitution is both special, and unique, in our human history.

So what is going to happen given the present situation in the USA, and I add in the Western World, mostly in Europe?

The quick answer is that I don't know confidently enough to predict.

The longer answer is that the idea of a human Constitution will predominate, even in China and throughout Asia.

After all, we all want to work (politically and otherwise) to make our families warm and fed, with good prospects for their future, where ever we live on this earth.

This "radical" idea suggests that it is time for a change. Lord hope it doesn't take a revolution to make it happen. Or a failing U.N. to boot.

After all, there are many other alternatives that will work, too.
Now that is another post for another time.

No comments: