Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Let 'em suffer

It's a selfish thought for three good reasons in the year 2011.

First is that I can pontificate, and hope I die before I have to live the consequences. Most of us know there are always unintended consequences. Now that knowledge in my case is both through professional past experiences, as well as family life.

Second is that I tried, in my own way in my past, of trying to suggest changes to our culture and our many governments' present methods of doing business that other might agree on. Strike two in my mind. I failed, or just did a poor job.

Third, and last, is I suspect the old fashioned way of social security will come back. That basically means having more kids, who then take care of their ancestors the best they can. And as a now "Sr.", the thought of being shuffled around really hacks me off. I would rather die first with dignity and self respect and independence, but others are different, of course. Along that way, still contributing to society is a really big appeal, too. Bottom line, I would like to be warm and fed, and right now I can do it myself.

So good luck for the younger people reading this post. I am age 62, and already have passed the torch, at least in my mind.

No comments: