Translate

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hope for our American future

First the bad news. The opportunity for our two present national parties (Republicans and Democrats) to make better our present economic problems has passed.

In hindsight, these two parties had about 100 years to have their way, and this is what we got. Of course "this" depends on where you live.

What really upsets me is what I believe to be the coming inflation, and its effects on my family and friends where I live. It did not have to happen, in my humble opinion. Bottom line, our quality of life is going to be reduced, like dimished in polite talk. I've lived through inflation, before, by the way.

And to pile things on, again on the down side, what will happen when fellow humans will no longer loan the USA money to finance our ways. Then we will have to live within our means, which are considerable, and which will be painful to so many of us, including me, who depends on a military retirement. I suspect inflation will be a factor that the loaners invoke when they assert themselves, and their rules that affect us, we the common citizens.

So much for the bad news.

There is good news, too. Mostly I use the idea that compared to other places in the world, this new world USA is not a bad place to be when change comes.

After all, people have to live, have families, and want to work, and that is why so many emigrate to the new world USA. And what ever happens, I suspect it will not look like the new world USA we live in today. Imagine your kids and different cultures, USA style, all mixing here on our land. This appeals to me, at least as compared to living in Sri Lanka, for example. Yep my kid may marry a person with a name from another culture, back when their ancestors emigrated here. I now suspect they are Americanized, what ever that means where they or you live.

And I suspect a new political party will arise to represent all this, maybe as soon as 2020. The alternatives like another way to rule I suspect just won't happen in new world USA.

To use an old phrase, in this is the national hope. Yep, I am optimistic that after much pain, the best is still yet to come, at least for my descendents. And I don't think of myself as relgious.

No comments: