Translate

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The meanderings of a lightweight

Just assume our present federal President is a lightweight. By that I mean he has good intentions in his mind, but less experience to help himself along given the problems of the world's humanity, including those of us in the USA. And in this assumption, he has hired fellow lightweights to help him rule.

People who have promoted him as being brilliant (like super intelligent) are balanced by those who have seen too many chinks is his armor. "Just listen to him" often works for so many who see much missing in his knowledge, or even truthfulness. Maybe he is just a crummy President, in the end.

I always liked the idea I was taught that to be a good Sergeant, one has to prove himself at lower ranks, first. If we have time, that makes sense to me. And we should make the time, I think. Mostly making the time means educating young men and women who have shown themselves to be good candidates. That gives them extra help with their increased responsibility.

I always also liked the idea of citizen politicians. And in that vein, I guess I can be a radical, too, and suggest our vast new world USA has outgrown Washington, D.C. Our legislature needs to be bigger (and more representative), and the 1913 law limiting our House of Representatives needs to change. That means, a radical thought I think, that the rules limiting building heights in D.C. need to change, or let's new world USA people just move our capital, kinda like what got Brasilia going a while back.

So does any of the preceding, or any other ideas and frustrations amount to a hill of beans?

I don't know...you decide. Take your own path if you wish.

I have a good friend who always said, in the USA past, that nothing that any politician does, be it school board, city, county, state, or federal, will amount to a hill of beans, in the long run. He might be right.

But there is another point of view, too.

What's happening in the new world, north , central, and south America, I think one should pay attention to, especially the USA. I know I don't like much of what I see, but try take the longer term view of "compared to what". Hence I recognize that maybe old world people still are doing wonderful things by coming to the new world to advance their future generations.

And I think what they do will amount to a hill of beans.

Now getting there is probably beyond a lightweight's ability, or so I think.

I for one, would like to think our rulers are riding the tiger, rather than the tiger's tail.

No comments: