Translate

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The die has already been cast

To me this expression means an irrevocable choice has been made. Some of us are planning ahead using this idea, in our own way of course. Now I never thought of myself as a survivalist (whatever that is), but now assume I will lose one half my wealth in the next few years, and maybe even get cold and hungry this next winter.

But I think I will survive, barely and certainly, and probably not happily. Especially when I think we humans did it to ourselves, though it did not have to happen. There were alternatives along the way. As to myself, I am doing things to try survive where I live just to get through this coming winter.

Of course I am positioning myself to go forward in other ways, too.

My logic line today is that eventually no other humans will loan us money, as in finance our debt. They will have their own problems, too. And then we in the USA will have to live within our own means, which are considerable. I think it is fair to say that many people and governments have been living in the past decades on borrowing, or the wealth of others as one might say. One subject I seldom hear discussed in the USA is what happens when fellow humans quit loaning us money. Right now the debate about debt seems to assume we can borrow forever. After all that has been the status quo for decades. And in the last few decades our inflation rate has been normal.

What appeals to me is the logic line, there. Compared to many others places in the world, we New World USA humans are an OK place to use trust and confidence in promoting our families health and success, and wealth that we have made.

Though, what happens when other humans get cold and hungry, too. Nationalistic movements, like what happened in Germany in the 1920's may arise. Just look at the recent elections in Finland, for example. Or in my imagination and experience, China may do its normal bit and devolve into civil war, with nuclear aspects. Lord knows what will really happen, to include mother nature wild card type events, all with some human reaction through our political leaders.

All this friction is normal to me, with one caveat.

It sure seems we humans (who can vote and have it count) have elected a generation of "lightweight" political leaders (with exceptions of course). And they have hired lightweight minions. Now how they handle the coming frictions is a big worry for me, both nationally in the USA, and internationally. For those who have other governments, like dictatorships, royalty, tribal, religious, or some mixture of all, that is beyond my experience level. I still think the key point to me is how well do they represent their citizens, and their circumstances. And how well do others respect it, or try impose their way of doing things.

So like the title suggests, the die has already been cast.

Lord hope we humans do "trade-ins", at all levels, and in our own ways!

No comments: