Translate

Sunday, May 15, 2011

The superficiality of it all

No wonder so many are asking, is there another way?

The idea of mission first comes to mind. Are we in the new world USA in it for ourselves, which I buy, or are we in it for supporting the current ruling parties, now called the Republicans, and the Democrats.

In my mind, there are two divergent interests at play.

Mostly, I think, most just want to go forward in a way that enhances their lives, and their children's lives. Hence the idea of a political party may be less important than their values. After all, it is the idea, not the political party. Call it a quality of life idea.

And then there are those who want to preserve the status quo, which is in their mind. For example, I know someone who just wants to keep Southern Democrats alive and well. His intentions are good, I think.

And to achieve one's political goals that keeps the status quo going, I have problems. For example I hear the present Federal President says Texas has always been Republican, which is simply dumb to say; or I hear a county person in Wisconsin say Arizona is not a border state.

Maybe this appalling ignorance is part of our American experience, but I am not happy with the result. I prefer facts, vice superficiality.

What really upsets me are the obvious results. Many people will have to suffer just because of all the superficial things going on today.

I just hope a vote will influence things, vice something like a revolution.

I think most Americans want change. Just how we get there is up to us, not the presently elected politicians, I think. They seem to be so superficial and so status quo. We are better, I also think.

No comments: