Translate

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Up to the limit

Most have heard versions of this following theme: "There is nothing we can do to America we can't walk back".

I have a friend who truly feels this way, and makes fun of me for worrying. He has my attention. He may be correct, in my mind. I have not asked him recently, though. And he served in the 82nd Airborne, too.

I've heard TV and Internet pundits say as much, too. Most are sincere, I think.

Then there are others who suggest much of what the present federal administration is doing is serious "can't walk back stuff". Others suggest it will take a long time to undo what is going on at the federal level these days.

I for one don't know.

What I do know, or think, is I like the idea of voting for my future, and my children's future, and my grand children's future here in the new world USA.

So back during the 1776 American revolution; I would not have been a King George fan.

But I do also know, or at least believe, that one must start somewhere, and "they" can finish it up, later. Call that a philosophy, if you will. It even works on genealogy pursuits.

And what I think is we can mess up the USA new world America, and now is as good a time as any to start the process of going forward. Much friction will occur, I think. Especially changing the status quo.

Hope does spring eternal, in the old time classic expression.

I think the times they are a " changin", and the status quo of the last century is also changing. The present national USA political parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, are declining.

The new world USA is still a good place to immigrate to, especially compared to the alternatives.

Back to the friction. Much change is going on.

1 comment:

Christina Auret said...

The "can walk back" stuff sounds a lot like "too big to fail". And that worked well, right?